The Sacramental Principle and the importance of family meals were on the menu yesterday on The Catholic Foodie Show. Also, I shared 10 Shortcuts to Help You Cook Dinner in Record Time.
I also talked about news stories that aired in the fall of 2014 that called into question the ideal of the home-cooked family meal, saying that it was a burden to women and that the ideal should be abandoned. You can read more about that unfortunate news item by clicking on the links below:
- Let’s Stop Idealizing the Home-Cooked Family Meal
- ‘Family Meal’ Ideal Is Stressful, Impossible for Many Families
- Study Finds that Home-Cooking Disproportionately Burdens Mothers
On the flip side, there were a number of positive responses that reinforced the importance of home-cooked family meals. Here are a couple of them:
- Rethinking the Home-Cooked Family Meal
- The Home-Cooked Family Dinner: Yes, It’s a Burden for Moms But Is It Worthwhile?
LISTEN TO THE PODCAST
To listen to the show, click the player below.