Today is Holy Thursday. This evening the Triduum begins with the Mass of the Lord’s Supper. I have to secretly confess that I often find myself more excited about tonight’s celebration than I do about Easter. Don’t get me wrong… Easter is the highpoint. It is the feast of feasts. But, for reasons you will hear later, I often experience Holy Thursday in a more real, intimate, and personal way than I do Easter. But, that’s a secret, so don’t tell anybody.
Sarah Reinhard joins us today to talk about her experience of Holy Thursday. And we also discuss her new book, Catholic Family Fun: A Guide for the Adventurous, Overwhelmed, Creative or Clueless.
In this episode I also share with you a Holy Thursday interview with Dr. Brant Pitre that I first recorded in 2009.
All this and more right here at the Catholic Foodie… Where food meets faith!
Download episode 133 here or listen to it below:
Links from the show:
- Catholic Family Fun: A Guide for the Adventurous, Overwhelmed, Creative or Clueless
- Dr. Brant Pitre, Ph.D.
- Jesus and the Jewish Roots of the Eucharist by Dr. Brant Pitre
- Catholics and the Eucharist by Stephen Clark
- The Privilege of Being Catholic by Fr. Oscar Lukefahr, C.M.
- SQPN Giving Campaign
- CF66 – Holy Week and Praying with the Church
- CF15 – Holy Thursday / Good Friday (2009)
- Holy Thursday and Grilled Lamb Chops
- The Sacramental Principle on CatholicFoodie.com
To leave feedback for the Catholic Foodie, call 985-635-4974 and leave a message. You can also leave feedback for me at email@example.com.
You can also find me at:
And over at http://jeffyoung.me