There are so many healthier options than fried/sugar-laden sesame chicken, so the next time you’re craving some Chinese takeout, whip it up yourself!
My Sesame Chicken is oven baked and sugar-free (and might I add- it is quite delicious). This is a family favorite already!
For the Chicken:
- 1.5lb chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 60g corn starch
- 60g oat flour
- Salt and pepper
- 100g egg white
- Cooking spray
For the Sauce:
- 1 tsp light olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2T monkfruit
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2T soy or tamari
- 2T rice vinegar
- 1T sesame oil
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Top with Green onions & sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 420 F (I put it on convection)
- Put egg whites in a wide brimmed bowl, and mix cornstarch, oat flour, salt & pepper on a separate plate
- Spray a broiler pan with cooking spray to avoid sticking
- Coat each piece of chicken in egg whites and then the dry mixture before putting it on the pan
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, flipping and respraying pan as needed
- While the chicken is baking, heat a nonstick pan over medium heat
- In a small bowl, mix the soy, rice vinegar, monkfruit, sesame oil, and 1 tsp of cornstarch
- Sauté the garlic the pan with the olive oil until fragrant. Add the sauce and mix until thickened. Lower heat and add 1 tsp of sesame seeds
- Add the cooked chicken to the sauce and mix until the chicken is coated. Garnish with green onions and more sesame seeds. Enjoy!
363 Calories per serving
Recipe by Annabelle Young.