This recipe is submitted by Mike Lindner.
These cookies are a perfect scary treat for Halloween. They were the hit of our party this year.
- 4 oz. (1 stick) Butter (softened)
- 8 oz. (1 package) Cream Cheese (softened)
- 3/4 C. Confectioners Sugar
- 1 t. Vanilla Extract
- 1 t. Cinnamon
- 2 C. Flour
- Sliced Almonds
- Beat butter and cream cheese.
- Beat in Sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon until smooth.
- Add flour and mix to combine.
- Roll 1 T. of dough into a finger shape. Use a sliced almond for a fingernail and a knife to make indents for the knuckles.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes or until just slightly brown.
- 1/2 C. Confectioners Sugar
- 1 t. Milk
- 1/4 t. Red Food Coloring
- Mix ingredients with a spoon.
- Add more milk or sugar to get consistency right.
- Dip “cut” end of each “finger”.
- The icing can also glue back on any “fingernails” that come off, or be used for other bloody effects.