This is a basic salsa recipe based on Chili’s famous salsa.
- 2 14.5 oz cans of tomatoes & green chilis
- 2 14.5 oz cans of whole tomatoes (plus the juice!)
- 3 to 5 jalapeno peppers, seeded (reserve the seeds)
- 1/2 cup of onion (yellow or white)
- 4 to 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of cumin
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of honey
- Salt to taste
- In a food processor blend the onion, garlic, and jalapenos for just a bit. You don’t want to process them too much. Just until they are “chopped.”
- Add all the cans of tomatoes, along with the salt, honey, and cumin to the food processor.
- Process until well-blended, but do not puree.
- Add reserved jalapeno seeds TO TASTE! Not too many… they are HOT!
- Salt to taste.
- Chill in fridge for and hour or two (this is not absolutely necessary, but it does allow the flavors to come together nicely).