This colorful stir-fry gets a kick from a dash of red pepper.
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breast halves, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 2 medium green onions, sliced
- Mix broth, cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, and red pepper. Set aside.
- Heat wok or 12-inch skillet over high heat. Add oil; rotate wok to coat sides. Add chicken, garlic and ginger. Stir fry about 3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center. Add bell pepper, stir fry 1 minute.
- Add broth mixture to wok. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until sauce is thickened. Stir in peanuts. Sprinkle with onions.
**Photo by avlxyz on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/avlxyz/4304025123/sizes/m/in/photostream/