Recipe submitted by Mike Lindner.
This is a very easy and delicious pie. It won first place in a pie contest we had at work. Best of all there’s no rolling of finicky crusts!
- 2-3 Granny Smith or Courtland apples
- 1 T sugar
- 1 t cinnamon
- 3/4 C butter or margerine (1.5 sticks)
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C flour
- 1 egg
- dash salt
- Peel and core apples, slice thinly into glass pie dish. sprinkle on 1T sugar and 1t cinnamon.
- Melt butter
- Add rest of ingredients to butter and mix to combine.
- Spread batter over apples.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes or until crust is brown.
Serves 6-8. For weight watchers, 1/12 of the pie is 5 points.
Image courtesy of brixton on Flickr.com.