Show notes for episode 89:
Welcome to the Catholic Foodie, where food meets faith. I am your host Jeff Young and today we’re talking faith, family, and fun! I am very excited because I get to bring you an interview today. And it’s a special interview… with the chefs of our favorite local restaurant, Ristorante Del Porto here in Covington. I also want to recap my experience as a guest blogger at faithandfamilylive.com last week. I want to thank Danielle Bean and her crew at Faith & Family for the invitation.
We go a little bit over today, but that’s OK. You’re going to love the interview!
Sarah Reinhard joins us with for Mary in the kitchen. This week Sarah talks about her time in the kitchen with dogs underfoot, and she reminds us to go Mary when we’re pushed to our limits. That’s a message that I need to hear.
I’m not giving you a recipe this week, and I’ll tell you why…
Right here at the Catholic Foodie, where food meets faith!
THIS PRAYER IS BASED ON THE READING FROM SUNDAY’S MASS (9/19/2010)
Lord Jesus, the readings from today’s Mass speak forcefully about the love you have for the poor. Help us, Lord to be more attentive to the poor and their plight. Grant us the grace to see you in the poor and to reach out to you in charity. Lord Jesus, may we also come to see very clearly the poor in our own family; those who are in want of love and attention, of encouragement and support. Bless us, Lord, and make us true disciples, eager to follow you wholeheartedly. Bless this food we are about to receive, and bless those who go without today. Amen.
DIVINE OFFICE MINISTRY: A special thank-you to the folks at DivineOffice.org, who are sponsoring the show today. Visit them at divineoffice.org, and tell them I sent you. If you want to grow in prayer, I encourage you to check out their website. You will find the entire Liturgy of the Hours there, in both text and audio forms, which makes it so easy to pray along with them. You can also subscribe to there podcast by going to feed://feeds2.feedburner.com/divineoffice or on iTunes at http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=294319197. As I have mentioned several times on the show, there is also an iPhone / iPad app that is available for purchase. I love it! And now, I have Char hooked! If you want to learn more about why I love this app so much, and why I use it, and how it has helped me to grow in prayer, then visit my page at catholicfoodie.com/divineoffice.
Amos 8:4-7 / Psalm 113 / 1 Tim. 2: 1-8 / Luke 16: 1-13
Soup Kitchens / Cooking for the Poor / The Lord takes care of the poor
Reflections on the Prayer for Today:
- Point of it all: That we may live lives of tranquility in all devotion and dignity.
- Soup Kitchens – Often the Lord feeds the poor through us, and (guess what!) we are the poor being served a meal in God’s soup kitchen!
- Tithing & the Poor Box – Our responsibility
- If you have a story about God’s providence and how you have seen him take care of the poor (or your own family), please share it with me (985-635-4974)
- Shout out to Jason Lopez!
- My week at Faith & Family Live
- Posting daily was challenging
- Special episode of the Catholic Foodie (thank Sarah)
- Faith & Family Live Podcast appearance
- Reader participation – all the comments are much appreciated!
- Special thanks to Danielle Bean and all the wonderful ladies over at faithandfamilylive.com.
- BOOK UPDATE – Starting this week! Need feedback – Same feed? Or start new feed??? (LISTEN TO EPISODE FOR MORE DETAILS!)
Today I have a special interview with chefs David & Torre Solazzo to share with you….Ristorante Del Porto.
Mary in the Kitchen – Sarah Reinhard’s in the Kitchen this week in “Mary in the Kitchen,” with dogs underfoot and a reminder for us to turn to Mary when we’re pushed to our limits.
A special thanks to L’Angelus for letting us use their Ave Maria in the show!
New coffee & new coffee mugs.
I do have a recipe for you, but you will need to sign up for the newsletter to see it: /newsletter
- Leave Feedback – 985-635-4974 or email@example.com
- Don’t forget to sign up for the Catholic Foodie Newsletter! catholicfoodie.com/newsletter
- NEW COFFEE!!!
Got a recipe?
You can submit your own recipe to be posted on catholicfoodie.com by going to the Submit Recipe tab or by entering this url: /addrecipe Of course, you can always just click on that link.
To leave feedback for the Catholic Foodie, call 985-635-4974 and leave a message. You can also leave feedback for me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download episode 89 here or listen to it below:
You can also find me at:
And over at http://jeffyoung.me